Enjoyment through achievement
Earning an ABRSM certificate is a rewarding experience. If you're working hard to make progress with your music, you need a way to recognise your success and reassurance that you're on the right track.
Music exams offer:
- Motivation and inspiration, working from a carefully structured syllabus towards a definite goal
- A measure of personal progress and attainment against internationally recognised benchmarks
- An objective guide to improve your musical skills
- Assessment by a respected and independent musician who's highly trained and is monitored
- Performance opportunities and a real sense of achievement
Setting the standards
ABRSM has been giving structure and support and setting standards for over a hundred years. During that time, much has been tried, tested and consolidated. We use this wealth of experience for the benefit and guidance of the many hundreds of thousands who take our exams, knowing that they're part of the most respected and valued system of music exams in the world.
Bear in mind...
Music exams don't suit everyone, and exam syllabuses aren't intended to provide a complete curriculum or choice of repertoire to the exclusion of all other music. We believe that all musicians should explore a wide range of music to stimulate their interest and refresh their outlook.